Friday, April 27, 2007

Accepting changes

Well, achieving this took me almost two years.
I usually hold on to memories and the people I grew up with. But during the last years I had to face the fact that things change and that one simply can’t change that.
For example I never thought that anything could cause real problems between me and my friends and I always believed we’d stay friends at least until we graduate from school.
The last thing I imagined was being forced to give up these friendships thanks to a few guys. And that’s what happened later. But it turned out that it wasn’t the new people who had entered our lives but something which had a bigger influence. Our characters had changed. Our moral principles had changed, the way of thinking and seeing things had changed, simply everything.
I kept struggling for two years not able to accept that (which was very stupid, I know) but in the end I finally understood that you can’t always change what’s going on in your surroundings.
Sometimes all you can do is either to withdraw from it or to be capable of dealing with it.
At the beginning I was sad that things turned out the way they did. Now I’m glad about it because changes mean new things, new experiences.

I guess that’s part of being alive.
As a matter of fact, that what makes every moment so special because you have no idea how long it will last.

3 comments:

Nada said...

I have a question in general, because (apparantly) I'm facing similar situations: How far can this withdrawal be regarded as a right step? Maybe there's another (better) solution one didn't really think of. Because I'm having difficulties in viewing withdrawal as a 'new (better) experience'.

Nadia said...

Hmm.. I'd say it depends on the reasons for the fight.
In my case it was this huge gap regarding everyone's moral priniciples. So, couldn't think of something better.
The meaningfulness of the reasons are arbitrative.
So, Rabena ma3aky! :)

ragab_econ said...

I guess this whole situation is part of growing up. Everything in life fades away at one point. Friends, possesions and even ourselves. The person u r today is not the same person u were a year ago or will b a year from now.
All I can say is ... look for new friends, there are always people who think in a similar to u!
I can only sympathise with both of u since I had the same problem some time ago!